What material is the pencil made of?
The pencil is mainly made of wood, lead core, and exterior decoration. The factory production steps are as follows:
1. Pencil board processing
2. Lead core processing
3. Pencil shaft processing
4. Appearance decoration processing
Pencil materials require straight texture, fine and uniform structure, soft or slightly soft, slightly brittle, less resin, low moisture absorption, small expansion and contraction, and no deformation. At present, pencil wood mainly includes red cedar, cedar, sidar wood, eucalyptus, basswood, alder and so on.
1. Red cedar also has a name called pencil cypress. The red cedar tree has strong vitality, dense canopy, and does not wither in winter. It is suitable for windshield forest belt, but it will also cause harm to native tree species.
2. Red cedar also has a name called pencil cypress. The red cedar tree has strong vitality, dense canopy, and does not wither in winter. It is suitable for windshield forest belt, but it will also cause harm to native tree species.
3. Fragrant fir has a straight texture, corrosion resistance and insect resistance, and a woody fragrance. It is one of the most important specialty timber species in southern my country.
4. Alder is light and soft, with moderate hardness, straight texture, fine and loose structure, and moisture resistance. It is a good material for pencils.
5. Basswood has the characteristics of wear resistance, corrosion resistance, not easy to crack, fine wood grain, easy processing, strong toughness and so on. The white wood part of basswood is creamy white, gradually lightening to brownish-red heartwood, sometimes with darker stripes. Basswood is an excellent material for making pencils, but currently there are few resources of basswood, so basswood pencils are relatively expensive.
6. Sida wood is also known as Fragrant Cedar or Xiao Xiangnan, Atlantic Cedar, which has aromatic substances and can be extracted from aromatic essential oils.
7. The eucalyptus wood grain is tight and irregular, the sapwood layer is relatively wide, white to pale pink, and the heartwood is light brown-red. Eucalyptus is a fast-growing forest, but it is easy to break and is not a good material for pencils.